· Ensuring all transactions are checked, approved and accounted correctly.
· Supervises accounting staff in the day to day operations of one or more accounting functions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, ledger maintenance, revenue and asset accounting as well as associated analysis and reporting. In addition to supervisory role, Accounting Supervisors are also expected to participate in basic accounting functions, such as logging payments and maintaining financial records.
· Oversees calculating, posting, and verification of financial data for use in maintaining accounting and statistical records.
· Maintains the integrity of accounting records by ensuring that staff complies with organization accounting policies and procedures.
· Thorough knowledge of functional areas and departmental processes and budgets.
· Coordinating with internal and external audit teams.
· Generate month-end reports for finance department
· Cooperate and contribute as a team member with the finance team and more broadly in the company and group of companies.
Promote and exemplify a quality and low cost culture.
· Participate in a Quality Culture with the highest professional standards.
· Be respectful to others at all times in an environment of ethnic and gender diversity.
· Ability to engage with others in the department and in the company broadly to achieve stretch targets and contribute to the success of the company.
· Results oriented, particularly with meeting reporting or accounting deadlines.
Promote a “Low Cost” culture
· Contribute ideas for process improvements in the department.
· Continue to develop skills and qualifications of team members.
Accept feedback from others in the well-meaning spirit in which it is given.