· Monitor and manage the day to day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, Asset accounting, Expenditure & revenue assurance.
· Oversee the operations of the finance department, set goals, objectives and controls, and design a framework for these to be met and reviewed periodically.
· Prepare and review financial data and create monthly, quarterly and annual reports & analyses.
· Manage the treasury and daily cashflow operations and maintain adequate banking relationships.
· Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
· Conduct reviews and constant evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities, benchmarking with other competitors.
· Understand and adhere to all financial regulations and legislation. Manage the company’s reporting liabilities for Withholding taxes, Zakat, VAT and other governmental levies and taxes.
· Extensive knowledge of functional areas and interdepartmental processes and budgets.
· Compile and create key business metrics and additional analyses and reports for the management
· Managing the internal and external audit teams and ensure timely completion.
Promote and exemplify a quality and low-cost culture.
· Participate in a Quality Culture with the highest professional standards.
· Maintain and promote high standards of Integrity & honesty within the department.
· Be respectful to others at all times in an environment of ethnic and gender diversity.
· Ability to engage with others in the department and in the company broadly to achieve stretch targets and contribute to the success of the company.
· Results oriented, particularly with meeting reporting or accounting deadlines.
Promote a “Low Cost” culture
· Contribute ideas for process improvements in the department.
· Continue to develop skills and qualifications of team members.
Accept feedback from others in the well-meaning spirit in which it is given.