Government Relations specialist
We are looking for a new Government Relations specialist to process, issues renew, modify and follow-up all government related transaction and to represent company and employees in government offices in accordance with Government rules and regulations.
- Implement HR Government Affairs’ policy and procedure, keeping abreast of all evolving governmental directions that require modification within the labor law framework.
- Process and carry out all transactions relating to work permits, business/employment visas and residency visas/Iqama, including Iqama status, issuance and renewals.
- Responsible for collating and maintaining visa and Iqama status related information and documents, implementing effective tracking tools for timely visa renewal process as well as developing related data base and periodical reports.
- Guide and assist employees in renewing visas for their immediate dependents and provide them necessary information regarding visa details and requirement of documents.
- Managing employees’ notification of Iqama expiry and taking action.
- Keep abreast of any changes or amendments to the prevailing laws/rules/ regulations, changes in forms and other procedures.
- Keep the HR management advised of such changes and highlight any potential risk or financial concern.
- Submit relevant documents periodically to the immigration/labor office with regard to cancelled/absconding employees and delete from the company’s sponsorship list.
- Complete departure and exit formalities for employees after cancellation of visas.
- Manage and tackle all government HR related e-service portals; including but not limited to, MUQEEM, GOSI, MOFA, QIWA and the ministry of Human Resources.
- Act as a liaison between the company and respective government bodies and ministries.
- Build excellent stakeholder and business relationships.
- Work seamlessly with the Onboarding team to provide best practice on visa management for the onboarding of expatriate new joiners.
- Thorough knowledge of Saudi Labor Law.
- Thorough knowledge of GOSI regulations.
- Hands-on Experience working with all Government portals.
- Bachelor Human Resources degree or related is preferred.
- 3 Years of experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication skills, both Arabic and English