The Distribution Manager is responsible for working with Head of e-Commerce to develop and execute flyadeal’s third-party online distribution and sales strategy. The strategy should enable flyadeal to offer our customers industry leading commercial solutions across all touchpoints. Specifically, the Online Distribution Manager will manage the distribution technology roadmap, online and traditional travel agents, META distribution sites, and be responsible for driving commercial performance and department objectives.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES / SUBSTANTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Online Distribution Strategy
Management and Leadership
- Define and execute the overall Online Distribution Strategy
- Monitor the performance of all Online Distribution systems ensuring optimal performance and availability
- Oversee team Managing relationship and contracting with Global Distribution Systems (GDS), Hahn Air, major Online Travel Agencies (OTA), Meta search sites (Meta), and other primary distribution and sales partners.
- Lead team responsible for strategic development, management and operation of flyadeal’s online distribution and sales
- Ensure all system settings are up to date and fully support operational and commercial objectives and policies
- Work effectively to support project timelines for the implementation of new products and services
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of other airline distribution strategies and trends
- Ensure that commercial and operations departments are aware of new and innovative technologies, and recommend how these can be utilized to the company’s competitive advantage
- Maximize flyadeal investment in distribution technologies by utilizing these systems to their full potential as per industry best practices
- Utilize industry knowledge, relationships, and experience to architect solutions to common problems, particularly of a local or regional nature
- Work alongside Customer Care team to understand customer feedback from all company touch points, and recommend corrective actions where appropriate
- Oversee positioning of flyadeal Airlines in third party distribution channels, including strategy, analysis, policy development and implementation
- Develop and implement strategic plan surrounding flyadeal’s future distribution and sales strategy including re-structuring of current channels, New Distribution Capability, and other alternative distribution options
- Actively communicate and promote new services, schedules and product enhancements to all third-party distribution and sales partners
- Develop distribution/sales planning and analysis function to help optimize Flyadeal’s sales, marketing and promotional efforts
- Develop reports surrounding distribution channel, region, market and point of sale performance
- Analyze performance of distribution channels, identify opportunities for optimization, and present findings to senior management
- Oversee optimizing all third-party bookings, issue and error handling, and technology projects to improve third party product performance and improve customer experience.
- Act as team lead in negotiations surrounding distribution issues, contract terms and conditions, product functionality, partner issues, and industry regulations.
- Coordinate and work with all stakeholders within the organization to advance an effective third-party distribution process
- Serve as escalation point for the resolution of elevated customer service issues and work with third parties to actively resolve customer conflicts and issues.
- Assist with all Sales and Marketing projects to further the flyadeal brand and increase sales.
- Develop a strategy to maximize visibility for Flyadeal cost effectively
- Work closely with Commercial (marketing, Sales, network planning and RM) IT, and Customer Management Team to successfully develop, manage and optimize flyadeal’s distribution and sales functions.
- Contribute to Commercial team objectives and KPIs
- Establish business processes to ensure best practices are shared throughout all distribution system touchpoints
- Plan, manage and implement rollout of the distribution strategy, including all associated product enhancements.
- Manage relationships with third party suppliers and ensure ongoing delivery of SLAs as well as driving new product implementation
- Work proactively with all third-party suppliers to develop strong business relationships
- Support colleagues with specific focus on knowledge transfer and training Saudis within the organization
- Translates organizational and departmental objectives into distribution objectives and KPIs
- Builds a strong positive relationship across the organization by engaging and communicating with superiors and with peers.
- Maintains a productive, inspiring relationship with the B2B online and traditional travel agencies and vendors with an aim of delivering insightful and innovative communication with a focus on online distribution strategy
- Advocates and disseminates best practice, new learnings, and developments across distribution channels, OTAs and new technologies within the organization
- Maintains high ethical standards of the team and compliance with Saudi laws, customs and social responsibilities.
- Advanced knowledge of the distribution systems with an emphasis on B2B, OTAs and Meta search engines
- Familiar with online distribution analytics and reporting
- Practical knowledge of ROI optimization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field / Master’s degree Preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience in the airline industry and distribution mechanisms
- Experience with core airline reservation systems
- Knowledgeable about online distribution system technologies and latest industry trends
- Experience working with the Navitaire PSS solution
- Has worked in an LCC distribution team
- Experience working within the Middle Eastern market
- Experience working with airline e-Commerce platforms
- Experience of working with indirect sales vendors such as major GDS suppliers and resellers
- Fluent in information technology and cutting-edge commercial applications that lead the way not just in aviation but other market sectors
Job related Skills
- Expert user of technologies that drive online distribution and sales
- Strong conceptual and research skills, with ability to think creatively and strategically
- Ability to analyse and resolve complex problems, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure to deliver results
- Project management skills, ability to deliver a project from concept to execution
- Strong individual contributor but also able to perform as a functional team leader and hands-on manager
- Good presentation skills and ability and confidence to present to senior management level
- In depth understanding of GDS, OTAs, META Search engines, Booking consolidators
- Strong technology focus