· Translate business needs to technical specifications.
· Gather requirements, design, build and deploy BI solutions (e.g. reporting tools).
· Maintain and support data analytics platforms (e.g. PowerBI, Qlik).
· Create tools to store data (e.g. OLAP cubes).
· Perform quality assurance functions and troubleshooting as they relate to reporting and data validation.
· Evaluate and improve existing BI systems.
· Collaborate with teams to integrate systems.
· Develop and execute database queries.
· Analyze and interpret plan data for business and operational initiatives.
· Create visualizations and reports for requested projects.
· Develop and update technical documentation and data mappings.
· Provide oversight of internal business rules for data mining.
· Analyze and plan data trends.
· Oversee ad-hoc and operational reports.
· Identify short and long-term business strategies through analytics.
· Research data anomalies and engage business and operational stakeholders to develop solutions.
· Support the strategic design and maintenance of business intelligence applications.
· Identify, research, and resolve technical problems.
· Ensure that the use of business intelligence applications enhances business decision making capabilities.
· Experience in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining.
· In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) frameworks.
· Experience in MS BI stack (e.g. MS PowerBI, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS).
· Background in Azure Data Platform (e.g. Azure SQL DW).
· Experience in crafting SQL queries, performance tuning and database administration.