We are looking for an organized, detail-oriented Accounting Specialist; the Accounting Specialist will analyze information, maintain complete and accurate records, assist with routine accounting duties, and provide prompt, courteous responses to inquiries or complaints from clients, vendors, and lenders. You should also be a skilled researcher and possess strong communication and computer skills.
- Performing varied invoice checking processes, reconciliations, journal entries, or excel spreadsheet analyses to a high degree of accuracy as required from time to time in the finance function.
- Assisting the accounting department in daily, monthly, and annual activities, including generating financial reports, developing budgets, preparing taxes, and assisting with audits and resolving discrepancies.
- Speaking with vendors and suppliers to ensure charges are accurate and that payments are received on time.
- Maintaining accurate and complete records, including ledgers, journals, invoices, receipts, and information related to supplies and inventory.
- Learn and understand the business, drivers, and key commercial issues to ensure that analysis and reports are relevant.
- Cooperate and contribute as a team member with the finance team and more broadly in the flyadeal team
- To learn about related functions to broaden one's knowledge in the business and understand the company's interrelatedness and roles. Be able to provide holiday cover from time to time for related roles.
- Promote and exemplify quality and low-cost culture.
- Participate in a Quality Culture with the highest professional standards.
- Be respectful to others always in an environment of ethnic and gender diversity.
- Has the ability to engage with others in the department and in the company broadly to achieve stretch targets and contribute to the company's success.
- Contribute ideas for process improvements in the department.
- Continue to develop skills and qualifications to progress on one's chosen career path.
- Accept feedback from others in the well-meaning spirit in which it is given.
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of financial accounting
- Airline experience not essential but an advantage.
- Experience with database, Access or SQL an advantage.