Direct and control the day to day Ground Operations function at the airport towards achieving flyadeal’s objectives and goals, including efficiently managing the services provided by contracted parties while ensuring safety and security at all times.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES / SUBSTANTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that the Ground Handling Agent and other service providers are fully briefed on FAD requirements towards achieving smooth, timely and efficient service handling on a light by flight basis.
- Deploy resources to best advantage to satisfy passenger and operational requirements arising during each duty period.
- Deal with delays, disruptions, excess baggage or denied boarding through implementation of the processes and guidelines provided in the Ground Services Manual.
- Assist in various administrative functions including rostering of staff, completion of performance appraisals and reordering of stationery.
- Nurture good interpersonal skills, with the capability to interact effectively at various levels and across diverse cultures.
- Be an effective team member.
- Perform other duties as directed by Station Manager to meet the needs of the operation.
- Continuously monitor and review service delivery standards contracted with service providers.
- On shift-by-shift basis provide feedback to service suppliers on matters effecting the operation.
- Communicate timely with Station Manager and Manager Airport Operations on matters affecting operations and requiring attention or intervention.
- Provide support, encouragement, and feedback to agents as they learn assignments and posts.
- Possess a sound knowledge of ground handling functions, IATA and ICAO recommended practices and GACA regulatory requirements.
- Minimum High School Diploma
- IATA or Airline certifications on airport handling
- 3-5 years airport operations experience.
- Experience in ticketing, passenger handling, ramp & baggage handling and load control functions.
Job related Skills
- Ability to take direction from superiors and act as a team player.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and exercise good judgment and decision making where necessary.
- Proven ability to work under pressure to defined tight timelines.
- Good analytical and decision-making skills.
- Creative and innovative thinker in relation to problem solving.