Oversee ramp operations, ensuring consistent servicing and turnaround of multiple aircraft types, including procedures for aircraft handling and loading to optimize the use of ground service equipment and manpower.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES / SUBSTANTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform overall supervision of aircraft handling functions provided by contracted service providers.
- Ensure all key staff are aware of the Standard Time Departure / Estimate Time Departure.
- Monitor and record supplier performance and manage / correct any issues as they arise.
- Focus on the safety and punctuality.
- Regular communication with crew / gate / ramp / operation.
- Conduct ad hoc briefing to ramp staff which requires immediate action.
- Timely report safety and security related incident to concerned department for follow up.
- Ensure safe, secure & correct aircraft handling procedures are followed by the service provider.
- Overseeing of safety of the entire operation on the ramp area, involving all staff and third party suppliers, including safe unloading/loading of the aircraft.
- Monitoring of effective quality measurement systems to ensure performance delivery and compliance to agreed service standards.
- Continuously monitor and review service delivery standards contracted with service providers.
- Communicate timely with Duty Manager on matters affecting operations and requiring attention or intervention.
- Provide support, encouragement, and feedback to agents as they learn assignments and posts.
- Possess a sound knowledge of Ramp handling functions, GSM, IATA and ICAO recommended practices and GACA regulatory requirements.
- IATA or Airline certifications on airport handling Experience
- 2-4 years airline/handling agent Ramp Handling services
- Experience in aircraft handling, ramp & baggage handling and load control functions and Safety Management
Job related Skills
- Ability to direct service providers and act as a team player
- Effective oral and written communication skills and exercise good judgment and decision making where necessary.
- Proven ability to work under pressure to defined tight timelines.
- Good analytical and decision-making skills.
- Creative and innovative thinker in relation to problem solving.
nalytical Skills, Report Writing, Presentation Skills, Microsoft Excel, Adminstration Knowledge, Coordination Abilities