The Internal Audit Manager is responsible for assisting in planning and completing financial, operational and compliance audits (that includes Financial Accounting, Procurement, Revenue Management, Revenue Accounting, Human Capital, Legal, Flight Operations, Ground Operations, Maintenance, Safety & Security, etc.); identifying inadequate, inefficient, or ineffective internal controls as well as recommending improvements.
- Support in developing the annual budget, including Financial and Operational requirements.
- Assist the Head of Internal Audit in developing a plan based on an annually updated risk register to ensure compliance with flyadeal’s policies and procedures and guarantee that the department is adequately staffed to achieve its objectives.
- Support the Head of Internal Audit in the development of special assignments and fraud auditing programs.
- Lead the implementation of financial operational and compliance auditing programs and ensure performing audit procedures.
- Evaluating the audit results, weighing the relevancy of the audit findings and ensuring more than 90% acceptance level.
- Supervise the execution of the department’s objectives, initiatives, plans, policies and procedures.
- Execute and ensure that the day to day activities and operations are in adherence to the guidelines and responsibilities assigned to them and that all activities are being conducted properly.
- Execute audit work and ensure the documentation of audit work results are in accordance with flyadeal’s internal audit policies and procedures as well as the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards.
- Evaluate audit results, weighing the relevancy, accuracy and perspective of conclusions against the accumulated audit evidence.
- Conduct monthly tracking of newly identified and pending observations.
- Conduct annual performance appraisal of direct subordinates to monitor their work performance and identify their training and developmental requirements.
- Support Head of Internal Audit in the development of reports for executive management, the Audit Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Liaise with external auditors and provide support by providing required information.
- Provide guidance and support to junior staff in the execution of their work and ensure proper knowledge transfer to develop them and improve their performance.
- Conduct Gap Analysis reviews in order to identify weaknesses in flyadeal’s internal controls, systems, policies and procedures, compliance with regulatory requirements, Corporate Governance and recommend opportunities for improvement.
- Provides advice on internal control weaknesses within the Internal Audit department and participate in enhancing internal audit standards and practices within flyadeal.
- Proficiency in both Arabic and English languages.
- Aviation and Low Cost Carriers Business Models
- Risk Based Internal Auditing
- Aviation Auditing
- Understanding of the Core Operations (Flight Operations, Ground Operations, Network Planning Maintenance and Safety)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or equivalent.Certifications
- Professional Certification (i.e. CIA, CPA, or CA) is preferred.
- At least 8+ years of experience with a Bachelor’s
- At least 6+ years of experience with a Master’s
- At least 5+ years of experience with a PhD
Auditing Standards Command, Audit Professionals, Internal Audit