· Analysis of Operational Flight Plans / New Route Checklist analysis and providing necessary feedback to Operations.
· Monitoring flight operations Navigational procedures and where the safety of a flight is in doubt, advise the Management to initiate the necessary actions.
· Handling Air Traffic Flow Management issues.
· Monitoring Weather/NOTAMS for significant changes/updates.
· Collecting and evaluating information of irregular circumstances to secure optimal decisions making (weather information, airport availability).
· Ensuring suitable take off / En - Route / Destination alternate airport is selected and specified in the OFP whenever either the weather conditions at the airport of departure are at or below the applicable airport landing minima.
· Ensuring flights are planned not to exceed maximum performance and structural take-off and landing weight limits based upon environmental conditions expected at the time of departure and arrival.
· Liaising with staff and agencies at outstations on all matters concerning Company navigational requirements.
· Calculating Fuel Requirements for flights in accordance with the provisions of the OM.
· Augmenting the daily operations checklist when required.
· Monitor AIP for all destinations.